20 Reasons Why Exercise is Important
- Good for the heart
- Exercise promotes weight loss
- Exercise prevents Osteoporosis
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Exercise is an excellent de-stressor
- Exercise helps prevent colds
- Reduce severity of Asthma
- Reduce diabetic complications
- Promotes a healthy pregnancy
- Plays a role in preventing cancer
- Anti-aging effects
- Promotes brain health
- Great for sex life
- Improves sleeping patterns
- Combats Impotence
- Helps prevent strokes
- Good for mind and soul
- Improves oxygen and nutrient supply to all cells in the body
- Allows you to improve muscle strength, joint structure and joint function
- Helps manage arthritis
When you are not physically active, you are more likely to:
- Get heart disease
- Get type 2 diabetes
- Have high blood pressure
- Have high cholesterol
- Have a stroke
Physical activity and nutrition work together for better health. Being active increases the amount of calories burned. As people age their metabolism slows, so maintaining energy balance requires moving more and eating less.
Regular Physical activity can produce long term health benefits. People of all ages, shapes, sizes and ability can benefit from being physically active. The more physical activity you do, the greater the health benefits.
Aerobic Activities make you breathe harder and make your heart beat faster. Aerobic activities can be moderate or vigorous in their intensity. Vigorous activities take more effort than moderate ones.
Muscle Strength Activities make your muscles stronger. They include activities such as pushups and lifting weights. It is important to work all the different parts of the body. Muscle is 3 times more efficient at burning calories than fat. For every pound of muscle you gain, your body burns approximately an extra 50 calories per day.